Thursday, July 16, 2009

Over the weekend, I realized how much my husband disliked Edward Cullen, or Twilight in general. Now mind you, his step-daughter, wife and sister (the notorious FC), are all TwiAddicts and my hubby is really not into it. Not shocking, he is a usual man, but this story is too funny not to share.

I give you the following scenario: After hearing about the numerous “Pocket Edwards” floating around the internet and gathering attention, while shopping with our son last Saturday, my husband informs me he needs a “Pocket Cobra Commander”. Honey, what did you say??? Did you really say you need a Pocket what? Um…. Why???? He explains that pocket Cobra Commander is sooooooo much cooler than Pocket Edward could ever be. Am I hearing this man correctly? Plus he could kick Pocket Edward’s ass… Double Take… WHAT?!

“I think not!” I retort. At that point, assured he was joking, I continued my “browsing”. After about 20 more minutes wandering around Target we head to checkout. As I empty my cart, low and behold…


Dear Lord, are you serious? And you though dozens of TwiHards were loosing it? Now what to do, there is a Cobra Commander (trapped in box) threatening to take over, and no Pocket Edward to protect us….






“Edward is at least 2 inches taller babe, and immortal”, I calmly remind him. “But Cobra has a M.A.R.S. Industries radical exponential nano-injector system”, he retorts…. HE HAS A WHAT?!? Ok now it is on. Cobra is Trapped in Box, hubby won’t let him out [small parts is the excuse I get, ROFL]. I think Edward would be able to take him, don't you?

“I heard you were having some trouble??? Can I be of assistance?”

Yes Edward… Please kick Cobra Commander’s rear end for me… and thank you for arriving so quickly. now I can torture people at work with my obsession, since my co-worker practically threw me out of the "Twilight Closet". Received in 3 business days, I do love Ebay… I have been having awesome luck with getting things quickly from them recently.

Look Little Evil Man….. You are small and insignificant. So tiny and angry, your weapons will do you no good. Awwwww how cute, you have a pet withyou in the box. Poisonous, you say? Me too!!! Your snake would make a nice dessert after hunting…














So who do you think the victor was????

Now I’ll dazzle the boy… As you can see, the baby really likes him. I am having a hard time keeping him from grabbing him off of the counter, pointing at him for me to give him over. My husband looked shocked when I told him I didn't want the baby to have it, as he could harm Edward.

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    ROFLMAO!!!! Priceless! Excellent!

    Your lil guy is so extremely cute!

    And yeah.. kids + our twi stuff= bad combo!
    Fire Crotch said...
    1. OMG, Sean is like the cutest kid ever! And, I'm totally not biased because I will call out ugly babies. And look how many teeth he has! And his long fingers...he's totally going to take after his auntie and play the cello and/or piano. I can feel it.
    2. I seriously can't believe that you bought PE...and that Scott called it Pocket Cobra Commander. I can totally see him doing that.

    I'm totally pimping this out to all twitter peeps. I may just have to feature you on the blog this weekend. You rocked my socks off this morning! What a good way to start my Friday (or everyone else's Thursday, heh).
    Anonymous said...
    Bwaaaaahahaha!! As if Pocket Cobra Commander could fight PE off - please!

    After I bought my PE, my DH starting hinting around for a Pocket Kate (from Lost). I got it for him, thinking Mini E (my PE) would have a little playmate. But NO, DH won't take her out of the box, either. What's up with that? Men!

    (PS, I'm one of FC's Twitter peeps...)
    Danny said...
    How cute!!!! and how he´s holding Mini-E, so super sweet !!!!
    This reminds me of my cousin calling two weeks ago :
    *My baby boy rarely speaks a word, but he can say Edward very clear!!" I infected her with the Twi-virus and since then she watched Twilight over and over..:-)
    Mrs. Robward said...
    I really, really really, want a PE!

    I need to buy it for my 3yo Daughter, Sofie, & then lose it for her!

    Your lil boy is precious!

    (PS, I'm a twitter peep)

    Mrs.Robward

Post a Comment